Outwitly Inc. is seeking a full-time graphic designer who is creative, detailed-oriented, and an exceptional visual communicator to join our 100% remote team.
We are a boutique consulting firm specializing in UX and service design. Our team is small and tight knit, but growing fast! We are looking for someone who is excited to help us continue that upward momentum.
We are looking for candidates to work remotely in the EST or CST time zones. Candidates must be able to work and attend meetings during regular business hours M-F.
While Outwitly is a fully remote company and all our employees work from home, we are hoping to find a candidate who is located in Winnipeg with access to a personal vehicle to occasionally work in person with our Social Media and Communications Lead. Note: We are still open to applications from candidates who are located elsewhere in Canada and would work 100% remotely –but some preference may be given to local Winnipeg candidates.
The ideal candidate has strong visual design skills and a passion for branding and social media. You’ll work closely with our Communications and Social Media Lead on all things related to Outwitly’s Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn accounts. You will also be responsible for video and photo editing instagram posts, stories and reels as needed. You’ll help to design our e-books, downloadables, corporate report and document templates, and the Outwitly newsletter and blog. Secondary tasks may include developing visuals/icons for our website, creating design diagrams, and visualizing artifacts such as personas and journey maps for client projects. You’ll also help us to visualize proposals, team resumes, and portfolios in Outwitly’s templates.
- 2+ years graphic design experience in a similar position
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, new media, or equivalent
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Canva, Google Suite, and Microsoft Suite
- Excellent visual communication skills and stellar portfolio
- Strong knowledge of social media (mainly instagram) content formats, guidelines, and trends
- Experience with video editing considered a strong asset
You are a good match if you:
- Comfortable working within and enhancing existing brand guidelines and templates (Outwitly has an established brand identity and guidelines)
- Obsessive about graphic design and visual systems – particularly in designing reports, presentations, iconography, and social media posts (we are a highly organized team and like to present a consistent brand across all platforms)
- Are able to visualize complex information/ideas into something digestible, compelling, and beautiful
- Have experience in a consulting environment – you are used to working with frequent deadlines, and able to switch quickly between projects
- A self-starter, capable of working independently
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard – you care about the quality and thoughtfulness of your work output
- Passionate about social media and interested in helping us grow our social media following
- Are a creative thinker, excited to contribute new ideas to the team
About Outwitly Inc.
Outwitly Inc. is a UX & service design consultancy based in Ottawa and Winnipeg. We use design thinking and human-centered design and research to solve complex business problems, and we work closely with our clients to create end-to-end user and customer experiences that are delightful and consistent across all channels and touchpoints.
Outwitly’s mission is to challenge the status quo and create innovative solutions to improve people’s lives. Our services include UX design, UX research, service design, staffing, and training.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% Remote Work Environment – We offer a flexible work environment, if you need to take off for an appointment or get life stuff done, we won’t check up on you as long as you can get your work done and are available for meetings! Our employees are located across Canada too.
- Disconnect From Work Policy – We firmly believe in work-life balance, Outwitly has a policy in place to remind everyone that they should check-out of work on evenings and weekends.
- Professional Development Funds – Learning is so important! Every employee has access to a yearly professional development budget (after three months of employment) they can use to attend webinars and conferences, or purchase online courses and books.
- Remote Working Stipend – After three months of employment, you’ll have access to a yearly remote working budget to spend on anything that makes your work easier or more enjoyable (whether that’s a new desk or chair, a rug, carpet, or to cover your internet bill).
- Company Benefits – After three months of employment you’ll have access to our company’s benefits program.
- Wellness Spending Account – After three months of employment you’ll have access to a WSA to expense gym memberships, vet care bills, and trips to the spa!
- Paid Time off – 3 weeks paid vacation, plus flex days.
Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21st with the subject line: Graphic Designer Position
- Portfolio (PDF or online): please include at least four examples of work-related projects
Note that interviews will happen beginning March 22nd.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you MUST already be legally entitled to work in Canada.