Outwitly Inc. is looking for several UX/UI Designers to fill a 12 month, full-time contract in the public sector, with possible extension up to an additional 24 months. Start date is flexible (likely end of May/early June).
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an innovative government department on projects such as law, indigenous affairs, children’s services, education, and more.
The position is remote, but may require occasional travel when safe to do so.
Who are we looking for?
You are a good match if you:
- Possess an excellent understanding of user-centred design, usability, information design, interaction design, as well as core service design methods and processes.
- Are able to work on both the UX design and UI design – moving from low to high fidelity prototypes and mock-ups
- Are comfortable working directly with engineering to deliver design pattern libraries, components, and build-ready design specifications
- Have strong familiarity with Agile development methods and are comfortable working as part of a team with other designers, researchers, project managers, and engineers.
- Understand web accessibility standards and are able to apply them to your design
- 4+ years of professional experience in UX and UI design
- Experience developing UX artifacts, including usage scenarios, storyboards, wireframes, flows, and interactive prototypes
- Experience working as a Front End Designer or UX Designer on large scale projects in service innovation, program review, and/or digital transformation
- Willingness to travel (according to ongoing Public Health requirements)
- Experience working in a cross-functional team
- Experience building and maintaining component libraries and design systems
- Experience with Agile methodology, including creating and working in agile teams, running sprints or kanbans, and timeboxing
- Experience working in a dedicated public sector central digital office (Ontario Digital Service, British Columbia Government Digital Experience, etc.) considered a strong asset
- Experience with CSS, HTML, and other coding languages
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, and more
- Undergraduate degree in industrial design, human-computer interaction, psychology, engineering, or equivalent
About Outwitly Inc.
Outwitly Inc. is a service design consultancy based in Ottawa and Winnipeg. We use design thinking and human-centered design and research to solve complex business problems, and we work closely with our clients to create end-to-end user and customer experiences that are delightful and consistent across all channels and touchpoints.
Outwitly’s mission is to challenge the status quo and create innovative solutions to improve people’s lives. Our services include service design, design thinking and strategy, professional workshops and design training, and user experience design.
How to apply:
Please email the following materials to careers @outwitly.com with the Subject Line: UX/UI Design Contract
- Detailed Project Resume/CV
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must already be legally entitled to work in Canada.